Based on US Regulatory Guide 1.54 Rev.1(2000.7), applying the ASTM D 4227, 4228
1) Qualification of Coating Applicators for Application of Coatings to Concrete Surfaces (ASTM D 4227)
2) Qualification of Coating Applicators for Application of Coatings to Steel Surfaces(ASTM D 4228)
2. The reason why this course is needed
1) Coating Specifications (4G1, CP-A3) of Shin-Kori and Shin-Wolsong NPP Units have clearly been given these
2) ASTM added the ‘Coating’ to the existing Special Process(Welding, Non-destructive, Heat treatment). We,
for the quality assurance of coating, need implementation such as work-related personnel, methods, procedures,
documentation, and so on.
3) The bad effect of detached coating may be issued during DBA(Design Basis Accident).
Chapter 1. Qualification Background
Chapter 2. Requirements for Qualifying Agents
Chapter 3. Coating System
Chapter 4. Property of Used Paint
Chapter 5. The Way to Qualify Coating Applicator
2~3 times / year, 2~3 days